Student Intern Program Eligibility Requirements
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
To be considered for the New New York Leaders: Student Intern Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a US Citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
- Be 18 years of age or older
Be currently attending a New York State college, university, or graduate program,
or be a resident of New York State, attending a college, university or graduate
program outside of New York State.
For Summer Internships Only: Attending a New York State school or being a New York State resident is NOT required.
- Have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year College or University (completion of one year's worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students for participation in the Student Intern Program); or a currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, or equivalent to a C
- Good analytical and evaluative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills, efficiency and flexibility
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email software, internet searching, and other programs
Applicants may come from any academic discipline. Candidates must be available to work at assigned New York State offices. Opportunities are available statewide.