Student Intern Program - Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for the New New York Leaders: Student Intern Program, students must:
- Be a United States citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be actively enrolled in a New York State college, university, or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State, attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State*
- Have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year's worth of academic credits over a longer period may qualify part-time students for participation in the program), or be a currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, or the letter grade equivalent
A student intern should have the following skills:
- Analytical and evaluative skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills, efficiency, and flexibility
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email software, internet searching, and other programs
Applicants may come from any academic discipline. Candidates must be available to work at assigned New York State offices. Opportunities are available statewide.
* For Summer Internship applicants only: Attending a New York State school or being a New York State resident is not required.